Meri-K Appy – President, Appy and Associates, LLC; Vision 20/20 Executive Committee; and Project Manager, Fire Department How-To Guide/Video
Rebecca Booker – Fire and Life Safety Educator/RN, Spring Lake Park-Blaine-Mounds View (MN) Fire Department
Peg Carson – Carson Associates, Inc. and Vision 20/20 Executive Committee
Linda Church – Director of Special Projects, ProLiteracy
Ed Comeau – Communications Director, Vision 20/20
Jim Crawford – Project Manager, Vision 20/20
Sandra Facinoli – Chief, Prevention & Information Branch, U.S. Fire Administration
Johns Hopkins Center for Injury Research and Policy – Andrea Gielen, Eileen McDonald, Elise Perry, and Wendy Shields
Stephen Hrustich – Assistant Chief/Fire Marshal, Gwinnett County (GA) Fire & Emergency Services, Community Risk Reduction Division
Peg Paul & Associates – Editorial and Video
Greg Rogers – Fire Marshal, South Kitsap Fire Rescue (WA) and Grant Manager, Washington State Association of Fire Marshals
Philip Schaenman – President, TriData Division, System Planning Corporation
Steven C. Snyder – President, Snyder Lumber Products, LLC
John A. Stouffer – Pacific Northwest Associates
Nancy Trench – Assistant Director, Research, Fire Protection Publications, Oklahoma State University
Jennifer Yost – Volunteer EMT with Central Kitsap Fire & Rescue (WA) & Kitsap County Fire Chiefs – Fire & Life Safety Grant Coordinator
1) Ahrens, Marty, “Home Structure Fires,” Fire Analysis and Research Division, National Fire Protection Association, April 2013.
2) Greene, Michael A., and Andres, Craig, “2004-2005 National Sample Survey of Unreported Residential Fires,” Division of Hazard Analysis, Directorate for Epidemiology, U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, July 2009.
3) Ahrens, Marty, “Smoke Alarms in U.S. Home Fires,” Fire Analysis and Research Division, National Fire Protection Association, March 2014.
4) “Demographic and Other Characteristics Related to Fire Deaths or Injuries,” Fire Analysis and Research Division, National Fire Protection Association, March 2010.
5) Ahrens, Marty, “Characteristics of Home Fire Victims,” Fire Analysis and Research Division, National Fire Protection Association, March 2010.
6) “Fire Safe Seniors: Implementation Guide,” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention / U.S. Fire Administration, June 2010.
7) Hall, Jr., John R., “”U.S. Unintentional Fire Death Rates by State,” Fire Analysis and Research Division, National Fire Protection Association, October 2012.
8) Dini, P.E., David A., “Residential Electrical System Aging Research Project,” Underwriters Laboratories Inc., July 1, 2008.
9) Fair Housing Act: Reasonable Accommodations & Modifications Statute: 42 U.S.C. § 3604(f)(3)
10) Miller, Ted R., Bergen, Gwen, Ballesteros, Michael F., et al., “Increasing Smoke Alarm Operability Through Theory-Based Health Education: A Randomized Trial,” Journal of Epidemiol Community Health, Vol. 68, December 2014, pp. 1168–1174.
11) “National Vital Statistics System: Mortality Public Use Data Files, 1999–2010,” Division of Vital Statistics, National Center for Health Statistics.